Calling all experts with experience in evaluating EU funded projects!
TrustChain aims to set up an External Poll of Evaluators to support the review process of the proposals received from Open call #2 – User Privacy and Data Governance.
The External Poll of Evaluators gathers a set of recognized independent experts highly knowledgeable on different NGI relevant topics and application domains at the intersection between the technical field ( e.g Software Engineering, Network Security, Semantic Web, Cryptography, Blockchain, Digital Twin, Blockchain Security, Blockchain Protocol, Zero-Knowledge Proofs, Multi-Party Computation, Homomorphic Encryption, Data Privacy, Data Governance), the Social sciences and Humanities (e.g Social Innovation, not-for-profit sector, Social Entrepreneurship, public goods) as well as any others including economics, environment, art, design, which can contribute to NGI TrustChain relevant vision.
Their selection is based on an open process to ensure transparent and consistent evaluation of the applications.
We are looking for experts with experience in evaluating EU funded projects and a proven track record in the technical and social science areas corresponding to TrustChain Open Call #2 objectives:
- Mechanisms for multi-party data sharing that lies in the scope of the call and addresses the stated challenges below,
- Protocols for privacy-preserving data sharing using techniques from technologies such as federated learning both vertical and horizontal framework,
- Privacy-preserving data processing, data storage and data computation techniques such as differential privacy, data obfuscation/perturbation, anonymization techniques, Encrypted data analytics based on homomorphic encryption and Trusted Execution environment,
- Protocols to verify authenticity and accuracy of data using technologies like zero knowledge proofs,
- Protocols to support the digital sovereignty-based data flow and data spaces initiatives,
- Data identification, data provenance, data tracking mechanisms or protocols should be built so that the data that is exchanged can be tracked, so that trustworthy data handling according to the user consent can be verified.
Need more information regarding the open call? Please visit the open call dedicated webpage: https://trustchain.ngi.eu/open-call-2/
- Get to know innovative solutions for a better share of knowledge and value on the Internet
- Get to know active players in the digital identity, verifiable credentials and decentralized reputation domains as well in the related business domain.
- Play a role in the selection of Innovators
- Be reimbursed for evaluation work
- Be an important part of the TrustChain project and related ecosystem.
Services will be provided remotely and will involve evaluation of the applications received, participation in remote consensus meetings as well as in the panel meeting to establish a ranking list of the evaluated proposals. All evaluators will be required to sign a non-conflict of interest declaration and a contract with the TrustChain project coordinator, before being accepted to evaluate a specific application.
Evaluators will be reimbursed for their time and effort based on the number of proposals evaluated, with each proposal corresponding to a value of €50, considering 1 hour to evaluate each proposal.
Expression of Interest for experts is open from 03 August 2023 until 06 September 2023 (17:00 CEST) on the F6S platform.
UPDATE: Extension of deadline until 08 September, 5PM Brussels time.
Please note that this expression of interest to participate in the TrustChain Open Call #2 – User Privacy and Data Governance evaluation as an external expert is NOT binding and does NOT constitute any commitment to the TrustChain project.
The selection of the evaluators to support TrustChain in the evaluation of the Open Call will be taken at a later stage, since it depends on the number of received proposals, their origin, the domain that they target as well as the origin of the potential evaluators, their affiliations, their expertise and the balance between various criteria (e.g. gender, background, affiliation type, age, expertise etc.). Furthermore, it is mandatory to frequently change experts that support in the evaluations of proposals.
Need more information? Feel free to get in touch: email@example.com and we’ll get back to you shortly!